Basic Will – Fixed Fee – £200 plus VAT
What does a basic Will include?
- The appointment of executors
- The appointment of guardians for minor children
- A gift of your estate (your money and property) to one person or persons
- If required, a simple Trust of Residence to preserve your property or your share of a property for the benefit of beneficiaries, while allowing your partner to use it during their lifetime
What does a basic Will not include?
- A Discretionary Trust whereby the whole or part of your estate in put into a trust that the appointed Trustees have the discretion to administer
- Business or Agricultural Property Trusts whereby your business assets are specifically dealt with
- A Flexible Life Interest Trust whereby the whole or part of your estate is held in trust for a Life Tenant and on his/her death to others
- Any other Trusts, including Disabled Trusts and Pilot Trusts
What is included in the fixed fee?
- We will meet you in person to take your instructions
- We will prepare your Will and send you a draft for approval
- Once you have approved your draft Will, we will make arrangements for you to sign your Will or, if you wish, post it to you with clear instructions of how to sign it
- We will store your Will free of charge
What is not included in the fixed fee?
- Complex tax planning issues (including Agricultural or Business Property Tax Relief) or the creation of complex Trusts
- If there is any doubt as to capacity, any additional work or fees incurred in obtaining medical reports
- We store documents free of charge, but may make a small charge if we are requested to retrieve documents from storage to send to you or others
We will confirm whether your matter is suitable for a fixed fee upon receipt of your full instructions. If your matter does not fall within our fixed fee service, for example if the matter is unusually complex or additional work is required (as listed above, or otherwise), we will provide you with an estimate prior to commencing work. All prices are exclusive of VAT and third party expenses.